IMRO now invites those members who played live shows in the United States of America during the period 1st October 2011-31st December 2012 to apply for live performance royalties under the ASCAP International Awards Program. Although ASCAP funds this program, all determinations are made solely by distinguished members of the American music community who are neither members nor employees of ASCAP and whose decisions are final.
The awards Program is not a contest or a competition in which any specific work is critically evaluated. Rather, the fact of actual performance of works licensed by ASCAP in the USA serves as the primary basis for the panel’s determinations.
IMRO members applying for royalties under this scheme need to submit their performances online via the IMRO Member area here as per their regular international touring submissions. ASCAP no longer requires the specific paper Awards forms to be completed.
Submissions for performances in the US under this scheme need to be made online to IMRO by Friday 15th March 2013 (extended deadline).
Please make note of the following:
- Submissions are made online directly to IMRO.
- ASCAP will not accept applications from individuals – they must be received from IMRO.
- Awards are made annually (expected to be made in the ASCAP September 2013 distribution to IMRO).
- Only performances of works which are licensed by ASCAP in the USA may be considered.
- Please submit live performances in the USA for the period 1st October 2011-31st December 2012 only.
- ASCAP requires additional material to be submitted only where the performance is that of classical/serious music. Where this is the case please provide a scanned copy of the concert programme to email@example.com