Media Relations Contact
Director of Marketing & Membership
Irish Music Rights Organisation
Lower Baggot Street
DD: 353 1 6448035 353 1 6448035
P: 353 1 6614844 353 1 6614844
F: 353 1 6763125
Facts About IMRO
- IMRO is a not-for-profit organisation and all distributable royalties collected by IMRO are paid directly to the people who compose, write and publish the music that is performed in public.
- As of 1st January 2016 IMRO also licenses public performances of music on behalf of record labels in Ireland. Their interests in Ireland are represented by Phonographic Performance Ireland (PPI) and their representative trade body is The Irish Recorded Music Association (IRMA).
- IMRO protects the rights of songwriters, composers and music publishers.
- IMRO is governed by its members – who are songwriters, composers and music publishers.
- IMRO supports and develops the creativity of songwriters and composers through its annual sponsorship of song contests, festivals, music education workshops nationwide.