The LOEL Scheme excludes:
- The use of sound recordings – applicants should contact Phonographic Performance Ireland Ltd (PPI) or the relevant record label.
- Use of music in advertising or sponsorship.
- Use of music as mobile ringtones.
- Simulcasting (broadcasting via more than one medium at the same time).
- Reproduction of lyrics and musical notation.
- Complete recordings of dramatico musical works (musicals, opera).
- Music used in a context that is prejudicial to the writer or the performer of the music.
- Moral rights.