This diploma scholarship will offer one lucky student the opportunity to study a year-long Music Business Diploma course free of charge at BIMM Dublin. If you’re interested in applying for the scholarship, please submit an application to ei.mmib@ofni by 12th August 2020.
Speaking on the news of the announcement and partnering with IMRO, Alan Cullivan, College Principal at BIMM Institute Dublin said: “IMRO is a vital organisation within the Irish music industry and has been for many years. It always displays unwavering support for Irish artists, both new and established, in their role of collection society, education provider and lobbyist for greater development and investment in homegrown talent. Partnering with IMRO on our new Music Business Diploma Scholarship makes perfect sense for us, as no one cares more about the business of music in Ireland than IMRO”.
Keith Johnson, Director of Marketing & Membership at IMRO spoke about the importance of supporting the next generation of music industry professionals: “IMRO is delighted to continue its partnership with BIMM Dublin in relation to their Music Business Diploma course. It is critical that we support and nurture the next generation of creative thinkers and industry professionals. BIMM graduates are to be found in every sector of the music industry in Ireland, which is testament to the quality of tuition, experiences and industry connections that students are exposed to during their time at this renowned institution”.
WHY CHOOSE A DIPLOMA IN MUSIC BUSINESS?
BIMM Institute Dublin Diploma in Music Business course was launched in 2018. This part-time course offers a practical skillset so that you can enter into the world as a future entrepreneur or into employment in areas such as:
- Music Promotion and Marketing
- Artist Management
- Tour Management
- Physical and Digital Music Distribution
- E-commerce in the Music Industry
- Music Publishing and Recording
- Live Music Events and Touring
This course is perfect if you have no prior experience of the industry and wish to use it as a foundation for further study or entrepreneurship. You’ll also be taught by expert lecturers – who are still active in the industry – and thrive in a unique, collaborative community that’s seen the likes of Fontaines DC, IDLES and Mabel walk through its doors and into the music industry.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A DIPLOMA IN MUSIC BUSINESS SCHOLARSHIP
- Please request an application form by emailing the BIMM Institute Dublin Admissions team at ei.mmib@ofni or call +353 1 5133 666.
- Return the completed application form via email to ei.mmib@ofni before 12th August 2020.
- Once you have applied, BIMM will contact you with interview details.
- You will receive at least 10 days’ notice of your scheduled interview time.
- Bring along any relevant material to your interview that demonstrates your experience in music or the creative industries.
- Internal applicants are welcome and Skype interviews can be arranged if you’re unable to attend your interview.