Join Dublin Simon’s Virtual Carolathon this Christmas and YULE raise not just spirits but vital funds for the most vulnerable in our society
Dublin Simon Community is calling on all singers, choirs and buskers to submit their videos for this year’s virtual Carolathon, which will be streamed on to an LED screen on Grafton Street from 11th December at 11am to 12th December at 6pm.
The annual Carolathon usually sees a relay of choirs and singing groups performing Christmas songs on Grafton Street for 24 hours, but has gone virtual this year due to Covid-19 restrictions. A small number of volunteers will be available to take on-street donations as videos play on the screen, while contactless payment and “text to donate” options will also be available.
Those wishing to see their musical talents featured on the LED screen on Grafton Street are asked to email their videos via WeTransfer to ei.nomisbud@gnisiardnuf by Friday 4th December. Those would like to support Dublin Simon Community by bucket-shaking at the event are asked to email ei.nomisbud@gnisiardnuf directly.
“Carolathon” is a key event in the organisation’s Christmas “Sing for Simon” campaign, which usually sees over 100 groups and choirs hosting fundraising events across Dublin, Wicklow, Kildare, Meath, Louth, Cavan and Monaghan. Unfortunately, these events also cannot take place this year due to Covid-19.
The annual “Simon House of Light” event, a three-day festival of light projection and live music show at Powerscourt Townhouse Centre was due to take place from 3rd to 5th December. While the festival is also unfortunately cancelled, contactless donation machines will be in the centre for the duration of the weekend.
Please donate what you can to www.dubsimon.ie.
About Dublin Simon Community
Dublin Simon Community provides services to almost 7,500 people in Louth, Cavan, Monaghan, Dublin, Kildare, Wicklow and Meath, who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. Services range from:
- Outreach support to people who are rough sleeping.
- Emergency accommodation for those with nowhere else to go.
- Treatment, counselling and recovery services for people experiencing homelessness with addiction issues.
- Long-term supported accommodation for those who need support.
- Independent housing units for people able to live independently.
- Tenancy support and homelessness prevention services to prevent falling into homelessness.
- Resettlement services for people moving out of homelessness and into a home of their own.
- Education and Employability services for people who wish to build their skillset and find stable employment.