One of the biggest original song contests in Ireland, the Clancy Brothers Songwriting Competition 2016, is now open for entries.
With a prize fund worth over €5,000, this is a competition designed with the songwriter in mind. First prize includes €500 cash sponsored by IMRO, studio time at Crossroads Recording in Kilkenny, a music video from All That Can Be Productions, CD duplication from Duplication Ireland, and a design package from InMusik. With these prizes the winner will have all they need to record and produce a professional quality CD.
The free to enter competition is open to all musical genres and styles, all ages and all nationalities. As long as it is a song, it is eligible for entry. Songs are judged on melody, composition, originality and lyrics, not on performance or production skills. The competition is easy to enter, either by sending an MP3 by email or a CD by post.
The three finalists will perform their song at a concert during the Clancy Brothers Festival of Music and Art 2016 as part of a 15 minute set, after which the winner will be announced. The two runners up also receive cash prizes of €250 each and a design package from InMusik so no one leaves empty handed.
For full details please go to www.cbsongwriting.com. Entries can be posted on a CD to:
Clancy Brothers Songwriting Competition,
42 Main Street,
or emailed in MP3 format to moc.liamg@noititepmocgnitirwgnosbc.
Entries must include lyrics. Please read rules before entering, for full details please go to www.cbsongwriting.com.
• Free to enter
• Any genre of song
• Any nationality
• All ages
• Enter by post or email
• The final three perform their entry as part of a set at a concert on June 2 during the Clancy Brothers Festival of Music and Art 2016
• Closing date: April 29th, 2016
• Finalists will be notified on or before May 13th, 2016
• €500 cash sponsored by IMRO (imro.ie)
• CD duplication, artwork and packaging worth €215 from Duplication Ireland (duplicationireland.ie)
• A day in a recording studio, including mixing and mastering from Crossroads Recording , Kilkenny worth €500 (crossroadsrecording.ie)
• Music video including a day’s shooting in South East Ireland (Waterford/Kilkenny/Tipperary) with All That Can Be Productions (allthatcanbe.com)
• Premium design package worth $1,250 from InMusik which includes artwork, covers and online banner design (inmusik.co)
• €250 cash sponsored by IMRO (imro.ie) and the Clancy Brothers Festival (clancybrothersfestival.org)
• Premium design package worth $1,250 from InMusik, which includes artwork, covers and online banner design (inmusik.co)