Job Title: Licensing Marketing Executive
Salary: On Request
Terms: 1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Please send a CV and covering letter outlining how you meet the criteria for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is 5.00pm on Friday 20th September.
IMRO is a national organisation that administers the performing right in copyright music in Ireland on behalf of its members (songwriters, composers and music publishers) and on behalf of members of the international overseas societies that are affiliated to it.
IMRO’s Licensing Team is responsible for the licensing, invoicing and collection of royalties from businesses using copyright music, cinemas and live music venues and providing excellent licensee services including the resolution of any licensee queries which may arise.
We are currently recruiting for a full time Marketing Executive to join our Licensing Team. The successful candidate will drive activity to improve Licensees understanding of the requirement to have a music license, the commercial benefits of using music in their businesses, the importance of remunerating music creators for the use of their work while also developing Licensing communication channels.
This is a new role and a great opportunity to join a small team and make a real impact. Until this point, IMRO Licensee marketing requirements have been delivered to very good effect by the Membership Marketing Team. Licensing and Membership target audiences are now deemed to be different and require more specific and enhanced marketing approaches. The successful candidate will work in the Licensing team but will also work closely with the Membership Marketing Team.
The candidate will be required to have strong communication skills, be results driven and able to work as part of a team, in a fast-paced environment.
- Promote and improve IMRO’s Self-Service and Self-Licensing online tool for prospective and current licences and propose enhancements to user interface.
- Develop communications and marketing initiatives (using digital marketing and social media) relevant to licensing activity to ultimately drive an increase in DML penetration.
- Deliver communications plan to positively influence public perception of IMRO.
- Increase Licensee awareness of the importance of remunerating music creators for the commercial use of their work.
- Liaise closely with the Membership Marketing Team to ensure that all IMRO messaging is clear, consistent and on brand.
- Engage with Licensee representative bodies to take advantage of their marketing inventory to promote IMRO (e.g. VFI, LVA, Restaurants Association of Ireland)
- Generate and implement ideas to increase Licensee engagement on various media (including social media) and digital platforms.
- Understand the requirements of Licensees to ensure more value-added initiatives can be developed and delivered.
- Keep up-to-date with current digital trends, evaluate new technologies and suggest new ideas to enhance the Licensing Marketing strategy.
- Support the acquisition of new Licensees and manage existing client relationships.
Engage with existing broadcast partners to promote IMRO to national audiences.
- A degree in Marketing is preferred but not essential.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience working in a marketing role.
- Digital Marketing and Social Media Skills within a work environment.
- In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis.
- Good administration and organisational skills.
- Creativity to come up with compelling campaigns.
- Strong team player with ability to work on own initiative within tight policy and target guidelines.