1) The lyrics and music must be the original work of the entry composer. There may be more than one person involved in the composition of the song.
2) The competition is open to entries from all genres of music and in any style.
3) Songs can be entered in any language. Where a language other than English is used a translation to English should be provided.
4) All entries should be submitted on CD or by email as an mp3 attachment. A copy of the lyrics should accompany all entries.
5) No CDs will be returned so all composers should ensure they have a copy of their submission.
6) Entries must be accompanied by a completed entry form, hard copy or digital (online form or email attachment).
7) The entry fee is €25 for the first song and €20 for each additional song. Composers may enter as many songs as they wish.
8) The provisional adjudication will be on the basis of CD and digital submissions, from which 6 finalists will be chosen.
9) The 6 finalists should ensure their availability for interviews and live performances on BCR 92.6fm and for a proposed concert.
10) Postal entries should be sent to Song Writing Competition, Ballyhoura Community Radio, Smiths Lane, Charleville, Co. Cork.
11) Closing date for entries is Friday 10th August 2012.
12) The winning entry will be decided by a panel of judges from within the music industry.
Winning song professionally recorded at Claycastle Recording Studio
Winning song professionally mastered by Wav Mastering
Professional video shoot with StormLight Film & Television Production
Professional photo shoot with Tarmo Tulit Photography
Professional CD duplication from Duplication.ie
Graphics, including artwork, logo design & branding by Donal O’ Keeffe
Website created & hosted by station website manager Nessan Kavanagh
Airplay and interviews on BCR 92.6 fm for all finalists
More to be announced…
For further info visit www.bcradio.ie