Date: Monday 3rd July
Time: 1.00pm – 4:00pm
Location: IMRO, Copyright House, Pembroke Row, Dublin 2, D02 HW59
Bookings: (FREE event – Booking essential)
This seminar will cover the role of traditional music media – in print, online and broadcast – in building industry profile for new talent, and getting music to a more mainstream audience…
• The music press and music in the press – in print and online.• Current trends in music radio and TV.
• Engaging journalists, editors, heads of music and DJs.
• The traditional music marketing and PR campaign.
• A new approach to music marketing and PR.
• Better press releases and music photography.
This seminar is led by Chris Cooke, MD and Business Editor of CMU. Chris has written about the music business daily for nearly fifteen years, and is a leading expert on the sector, often commenting on it for other media, most notably the BBC.
He also has hands-on experience working on music and marketing projects involving artists, labels, brands and media. An experienced trainer, Chris brings insider insights, practical experience and legal training to his teaching.
CMU Insights provides training to hundreds of music industry professionals each year via our own seminar and masterclass programmes, in-house training for music companies like Sony Music, ie:music and ATC Management, and sessions for members of industry organisations like BPI and IMRO.