CALLING ALL BANDS AND ARTISTS
WIN THE CHANCE TO JOIN THE OFFICIAL LINE-UP FOR ARTHUR'S DAY 2011! PLUS LOADS OF OTHER BRILLIANT PRIZES…
Irish bands who think they have what it takes to play on the world stage are being given their chance to prove it. Guinness, in association with Hot Press and RTÉ 2fm, are offering Irish bands the ultimate opportunity: to play the main stage on Arthur's Day in Dublin. The Play On The Day competition will form an integral part of this year's celebrations.
The nationwide search, which covers the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, is open to all contenders performing in any musical style or genre. The judges are looking for an act that will bring something extra special to the Arthur's Day line-up, and who will also benefit most from the brilliant platform which the competition offers. Guinness, Hot Press and RTÉ 2fm have put together a brilliant prize package, worth well in excess of €10,000 to the winner.
TO ENTER click here: http://www.hotpress.com/playontheday/
NATIONAL WINNER'S PRIZE PACKAGE will include:
• The opportunity to play the Main Stage at the Guinness Hop Store on Arthur's Day
• A full three-day recording session with a senior RecordProducer, in RTÉ studios
• A special Flip Cover of Hot Press including a full professional photo session and interview
• A label to release the single, with no strings attached.
• A place for a band member/manager on Hot Press' MIX course including consultation with industry experts
• €4,000 worth of Guitars from FENDER
• €4,000 worth of Drums & Keyboards from YAMAHA
• €3,000 Gift Voucher from WALTON'S MUSIC
REGIONAL WINNERS' PRIZE PACKAGE will include:
• To join the line-up for Arthur's Day in one of four locations across Ireland
• An in-studio session for broadcast by RTÉ 2fm, to stream on hotpress.comand for the band's own use
• To feature on a special flip cover of Hot Press including full professional photo session and interview
ARTHUR'S DAY makes a welcome return on September 22, 2011. As ever, this year will see an incredible line-up of Irish and international music stars raising a glass to Arthur in a series of intimate gigs in select venues and pubs across Ireland on a day of music and celebration.
Acts already confirmed for Arthur's Day include international stars Scissor Sisters, Aloe Blacc, Calvin Harris, Stereophonics, Paloma Faith, Miles Kane, The Enemy, Seasick Steve, DJ Fresh, Yasmin and Labyrinth and Ed Sheeran, as well as Irish acts such as Ryan Sheridan, Bressie, Cashier No. 9, Royseven, Ash, Keywest, The Kanyu Tree, Maverick Sabre, A Plastic Rose and The Lowly Knights – with many more acts to be announced.
To enter Play On The Day, all participants must be over 18 years of age. To enter, visitwww.hotpress.com/playontheday