"Closer to You"
Out 11-11-11 Available on 3ú Records
Featuring the single "Addicted To Progress"
Produced by Tony Hoffer – Recorded in the Sound Factory (Los Angeles)
Produced by Tony Hoffer (Air, Beck, The Kooks, Belle & Sebastian) The Coronas release their eagerly awaited 3rd album. Recorded in the Sound Factory (Los Angeles), the Dublin based band have made their most far-reaching album to date & will be embarking on a nationwide tour which includes FIVE shows in Dublin’s OLYMPIA THEATRE.
Ireland has been home to some of the most influential artists and Dublin rock band The Coronas are no exception. This platinum-selling four piece have established themselves as one of Irelands biggest bands AND are now ready to take their place on the world stage. Their high energy live shows have made them one of the country's most popular concert attractions, and this summer they sold out their biggest ever headline concert in Marley Park to over 7,000 fans.
The Coronas ::: LIVE ::: Irish Tour Dates 2011:
Nov 25th – Live at the Big Top, Limerick
Nov 26th – Nerve Centre, Derry
Nov 27th – Empire Music Hall, Belfast
Dec 2nd – Black Box, Galway
Dec 5th, 6th, 8th, 9th, 10th – The Olympia, Dublin
Dec 15th – The Savoy Theatre, Cork
Dec 17th – The Forum, Waterford
Dec 26th – Royal Theatre and Event Center, Mayo
Dec 28th – INEC Gleneagle Hotel, Kerry
Check thecoronas.net for updates
The Coronas platinum-selling album “Tony Was An Ex-Con” shot straight to #1 in the Irish Indie and iTunes charts and #3 in the National Album chart and won the guys a prestigious Meteor Award for album of the year beating the likes of U2, The Script and Snow Patrol.
• The Coronas sold out 3 nights in a row at The Olympia over the Christmas of 2010 and were special guests on The Script’s European Tour this year.
• They also have previously played Ireland’s Oxegen Festival in front of a crowd of 30,000 and have performed at many major UK and European festivals including Benicassim and Hard Rock Calling winning over a legion of new fans.
• The Coronas opened for Sir Paul McCartney in Dublin and also shared the stage with him at the Isle of Wight festival last summer.
• Hit singles include “San Diego Song”, “Someone Else’s Hands”, “Won’t Leave You Alone” AND 'Listen Dear'.
• The band maintains a high profile on YouTube with over 1million collective views and an international following.