The Drake Music Project Northern Ireland is seeking new music access tutors to deliver our programme of integrated music workshops, training sessions and ensemble sessions for our 2010 – 2011 season, working on a freelance basis. Hours are very flexible, and induction training will be available.
The Drake Music Project Northern Ireland exists in order to enable people with disabilities to independently compose and perform music using access music technology
Role: Access Music Tutor
Fee: £16 per hour
Application deadline: Friday 9th July 2010
The following skills and experience are highly desirable:
• General musical skills preferably including at least one instrument and an understanding of musical notation
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and enthusiasm for creativity.
• Experience of working in an outreach/education setting, ideally with disabled people
• A range of creative music technology skills – software and hardware
• An understanding of and experience in breaking down barriers to access, using assistive music technology (e.g. Soundbeam, MIDI Creator, I-CubeX etc.) as well as adapting mainstream music technology for access
• A willingness to learn and assimilate new skills quickly and confidently in response to new challenges
• The ability to work creatively, imaginatively, flexibly and appropriately depending on the needs of different individuals and situations
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to Dr. Michelle McCormack, Project Leader of the Drake Music Project Northern Ireland, at email@example.com, or post hard copy to the address below.
The Drake Music Project
Win Business Park,
Co Down, BT35 6PH