“Artist Income Streams & Intellectual Property Rights”
DATE: Saturday 26th September 2009 // 11.30am – 6.00pm
LOCATION: Offices of Irish Music Rights Organisation, Copyright House, Pembroke Row, Lower Baggot Street, Dublin 2
DISCUSSION PANEL GUESTS
GARY McCLARNON – Manager Mister Scruff & MMF UK Vice Chairman
SCOTT COHEN – The Orchard, Founder & VP International
RUPERT SPRAWSON – Entertainment Lawyer
ALAN CULLIVAN – Manager The Thrills
STUART WORTHINGTON (Moderator) – Manager Happy Mondays & Chief Training Officer MMF UK
LIAM MURPHY – Live Wire Business Management
PROGRAM OF TRAINING SUBJECTS
Part #1: “The Real 360 Degrees: Artist, Music, Content & Rights Management – Income & Value Chains”
– Creation to consumption: the who/what/where/how/when of the value & use of music (songs/performances/recordings) today
– Income participation / roles & rewards. Who’s contracted to whom? Who pays whom and who doesn’t get paid? What are the implications & options available?
– Intellectual property: the theory (ownership, duration, infringements & exceptions), and the practical realities of copyright, neighbouring & performer rights, trading names, trade marks, image & moral rights, sample clearance, etc.
– Consumer back to creator: royalty streams & cash flow: accounting & payment, examples & issues
Part #2: “The Artist/Fan/Audience Relationship & Digital Marketing Update 2009”
– Art, emotion & trusted relationships: ignore at your peril!
– Understanding the “new” business models; structuring & defining your own
– Building communities & database management
– Digital marketing & distribution services: sorting the wheat from the chaff?
– New partnerships, new money?
The cost of the event is €32 for MMF members and €70 for non-MMF members and it is necessary that you register in advance for the event.
To register and pay online please follow this link: