Nominations for the IMRO sponsored 11th annual Irish Restaurant Awards 2019 are now open. The public can choose their favourites across 21 categories including Best Restaurant, Best Casual Dining, Best Chef, Best Seafood Experience, Best World Cuisine and more.
Nominations can now be made via www.irishtimes.com/irishrestaurantawards until 12 noon, Wednesday 23rd of January 2019.
The Irish Restaurant Awards showcase the true talent that Ireland’s hospitality industry has to offer by acknowledging outstanding performers in the sector. Growing steadily from its humble beginnings back in 2009, the awards are now a five-month long process consisting of online public nominations, judging panels, mystery guest inspections and regional and national events.
In 2018, the awards received 90,000+ online public nominations.
Adrian Cummins, Chief Executive of the Restaurants Association commented; “The aim of the Irish Restaurant Awards is to recognise excellence within the Irish hospitality industry. The restaurant industry is the biggest employer within the Irish tourism sector, employing over 74,000 people and these awards are a celebration and acknowledgement of the hard work put in by restaurateurs year round.”
This year, there are 21 categories in which the general public can nominate. These categories are made up of 16 Main award categories and five National award categories.
Main categories are as follows:
- Best Restaurant – Sponsored by Tindal Wine Merchants
- Best Chef – Sponsored by Nisbets
- Best Restaurant Manager – Sponsored by AIB MS
- Best Hotel Restaurant – Sponsored by BWG
- Best Casual Dining – Sponsored by Just Eat
- Best Gastro Pub – Sponsored by Elavon
- Best Newcomer
- Best Customer Service – Sponsored by Lockton
- Best Wine Experience
- Best Emerging Irish Cuisine – Sponsored by Odaios
- Best World Cuisine
- Best Café – Sponsored by Illy
- Best Kids Size Me
- Local Food Hero – Sponsored by Rewarding Times
- Pub of the Year
- Best ‘Free From’ – Sponsored by Peroni Nastro Azzurro Gluten Free
- Best Cocktail Experience – Sponsored by Coca Cola / Schweppes
- Best Private Dining & Club Restaurant – Sponsored by Wild Irish Game
- Best Cookery School – Sponsored by Avonmore
- Best Seafood Experience – Sponsored by Musgrave
- Best Digital Marketing
The All-Ireland final of the Irish Restaurant Awards 2019 takes place on Monday 13th of May 2019 in the Clayton Hotel, Burlington Road, Dublin.