Application: Please send a CV and covering letter outlining how you meet the criteria for the role to email@example.com
Salary: On request
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Deadline for applications is 5.00pm Tuesday 2nd January 2018
Data Collection Assistant
1. Purpose of Job
• To collect, analyse and process data for IMRO & MCPSI, through the administration and management of various data collection and parsing procedures.
• To be a key contributor to the accurate and timely delivery of monthly IMRO and MCPSI payment runs, by ensuring that all required data received by IMRO/MCPSI is on time, accurate and processed for distribution.
• Undertaking other projects as assigned by the team.
2. Job Context and Content
The job holder is assigned to the Data Collection Department / Information Systems Dept.
3. Principal Accountabilities
• Meeting quarterly and monthly distribution deadlines
• Provide assistance and support to Head of Data Collection
• Sourcing, preparing and processing of data (for example: Radio & TV general/ advertising, Cinema & Online data). AV index research and matching.
• Scheduling and mgmt. of processing jobs in system
• Data Analysis: recognising any issues with data supplied by providers to IMRO, as well as resolving problems quickly and efficiently.
• Ensuring all necessary data has been received by IMRO before distribution deadlines.
• Liaising regularly with internal departments, licenced broadcasters, television/film production companies and affiliate societies.
• Quality checking data for distribution.
• Investigating and resolving queries via Distribution and International team members.
• Actively identifying and communicating areas for improvement within data collection processing.
• Ensuring that issues relating to data collection are rectified and appropriate solutions are employed to avoid recurrence.
• Undertaking such other duties as may be assigned by management from time to time.
4. Principal Working Contacts
• Head of Data Collection
On a daily basis re personal and departmental targets and for general advice/as issues arise.
• Head of Distribution / Members of the Distribution Team
On a daily basis re managing system loading and dealing with queries / data quality
• Information Systems Department
On a daily basis re system management and any issues arise with data parsing / testing. Undertaking other projects as assigned by the Dept.
• International Dept.
Queries / notifications from affiliates.
• Licenced Broadcasters
On a regular basis requesting data / querying received data quality / sending monthly sample dates. Maintaining a healthy working relationship with data suppliers is one of the most important requirements in this role.
• Other Data Providers
On a regular basis re Domestic Cue Sheet sourcing through production companies.
• Affiliate Societies
Supplying affiliate societies with data listing unidentified television / cinema broadcasts
5. Challenges Faced
The principal challenge is to ensure that all required data for distribution is received on time, is of good quality and is processed quickly and efficiently. This is achieved by regular and open communication with data suppliers, and the members of the Distribution team and by identifying any problems with data early in order to rectify within deadlines.
6. Planning and Organising
The overall planning and setting of priorities is agreed by the job holder with the Head of Data Collection and through the Benchmarking process. The job holder will be responsible for the planning and organising of his/her day-to-day work while maintaining constant communication with the Data Collection team.
7. Direction Received
The job holder will receive regular direction from the Head of Data Collection.
8. Knowledge and Experience
The Data Collection Assistant will have developed considerable inter-personal skills and should have an aptitude for dealing with large data sets while maintaining numeric accuracy. Strong communication skills and a proven ability to manage varied workloads to strict deadlines are required for this role. They must be a team player and should possess strong IT and administration skills, a keen attention to detail, have good numeric ability and the ability to solve problems in an effective manner. A very good knowledge of Microsoft Excel is essential.
A firm knowledge of Music, Film and TV across all media.
9. Review of Job Description
This job description relates to the position as it exists in December 2017. It will be reviewed at the end of each year at the annual appraisal and quarterly appraisals will also be carried out.