A Working Group chaired by Sophie Ridley of Safents Consulting, has formed to represent the Live Events Sector in Ireland. Over the coming months the grouping will lobby government on a range of issues impacting the live sector during the current pandemic crisis. One area that it will focus on initially is lobbying government for an extension to the Covid-19 payment scheme currently available to individuals working on a freelance basis within the sector.
The group are carrying out a comprehensive census of people working in all areas of Live Events on this island. Even if you work predominantly overseas but you are based in Ireland they would like you to participate.
Event Production Ireland Covid-19 Working Group
- Sophie Ridley (Safents Consulting) – Chairperson
- Liam Fitzgerald (Bord Gaís Energy Theatre Technical Manager) – AIST Representative
- Shane Dunne (MD Indiependence Music Festival) – Promoter / Venue Representative
- Murt Whelan (MD MWS) – Contractors / Suppliers Representative
- Pearse Doherty (Head of Production : Galway 2020 European Capital of Culture) – Crew / Events Personnel Representative
- Tony Killeen (Site Manager & Director of Production at St. Patrick’s Festival) – Production Managers / Event Managers / Event Controllers / Event Safety Representative
- Kim O’Callaghan (Project Mgr & Deputy Event Controller MCD / CEO EVNTZ App) – General Representative
- Michael Young (MD Vision Safety Consultants) – General Representative
Ronan Murphy – Census Administrator moc.liamg@0202susnecyrtsudnitneve