Songwriters, lyricists, composers, arrangers of public domain music and music publishers who have their music publicly performed are eligible to join IMRO.
If you’re in a band, building a solo music career, composing orchestral scores or producing original beats, read on to find out how IMRO membership might be for you.
IMRO will collect and distribute music royalties earned by you for public performances of your music. Public performances include radio/television broadcasts, live performances and online uses. Through our agreements with affiliated sister societies worldwide, IMRO also distributes music royalties earned by our members from overseas public performances of their original music. IMRO does not apply any administration charges on overseas royalties and we distribute monthly, making us one of leading performing right organisations in the world.
IMRO also hosts a regular series of workshops, seminars, demo dips, and masterclasses delivered by internationally acclaimed songwriters, publishers and producers for the benefit of our membership. Find out more in our Seminars and Workshops section.
Through our member mailing list, we also provide regular updates on international conferences, song contests, showcase gigs and other useful information on both the Irish and international music markets.
You can find further information on the specific criteria for Writer Membership and Publisher Membership on our membership application forms on this page. Alternatively feel free to contact us at and we will answer any questions you may have.
Membership Application Forms
There is no fee to join IMRO, whether you join as a songwriter, composer or a music publisher.
Writer Membership – Songwriters and Composers
- Have you had a piece of music broadcast on radio or TV in the past two years?
- Have you had at least 12 live performances of your music in the past two years?
- Have you had a piece of music used on a commercially available recording in the past two years?
- Is your music available on streaming or download services such as Spotify, Deezer or Apple Music?
If you fulfil one of the above and are interested in Writer Membership, please download a Writer Member Application now.
Publisher Membership – Music Publishing Companies
- Have you at least 10 works in your publishing catalogue?
- Have at least 5 of these works received some form of commercial exploitation, eg commercial recordings or broadcasts?
If your answer to the above questions is “yes” and you are interested in Publisher Membership, please download a Publisher Member Application here: