LIVE FINAL AT FELS POINT HOTEL, TRALEE | SATURDAY 31ST OCTOBER | 8:30PM
SPECIAL GUESTS CHRISTY DIGNAM & JOE JEWELL TO PERFORM ON THE NIGHT
The live final of the fifth annual IMRO Christie Hennessy Song Competition takes place on Saturday, 31st October at Fels Point Hotel, Tralee, with a special guest performance from Aslan’s Christy Dignam & Joe Jewell. Ten finalists have been selected from over 200 entries from across Ireland and beyond to perform their original song in front of a live audience and panel of expert judges. The winning songwriter will be presented with a cheque for €1,000, courtesy of Tralee Credit Union.
Aslan’s Christy Dignam and Joe Jewell will make a special guest appearance on the night, in advance of their return to the INEC in Killarney in November and sold-out shows in Vicar Street this December. Christie Hennessy : A Celebration will open on Friday 30th October with The Troubadour Club, a showcase featuring some of the finest of Ireland’s contemporary songwriters.
The IMRO Christie Hennessy Song Competition takes place as a tribute to the life and music of one of Tralee’s most famous sons. Now in its fifth year, the competition has grown in stature over the years to become one of Ireland’s leading song competitions and continues to attract a high calibre of songwriters from Ireland and overseas, covering a broad range of musical genres. Previous winners have included Paul McDonnell, Dave Molloy, Alan Kavanagh, Enda Reilly and Christine Deady.
The ten finalists in the 2015 IMRO Christie Hennessy Song Competition are:
- Alan Fitzsimons | Song: Beautiful
- Cat Lundy | Song: Heartbreaker
- Clare O’Mahony | Song: You Are Gonna Be Mine
- Deborah Byrne & Dolores Fogarty (Hvmmingbyrd) | Song: Honeymoon
- Kairen Waloch (Little Black Wren) | Song: All Things Have Their Time
- Míde Houlihan | Song: Nuts & Bolts
- Pierce Leneghan (Peppy)| Song: The Day After
- Ryan O’Shaughnessy, Jacob Henley & Andrew Dawson | Song: Fingertips
- Sean McManamon, John Sheil, Samuel Doogan & Zach Douglas | Song: The Habit
- Stone & Jezreel | Song: Fly
Entry to the live final is free of charge. For further details about the event, contact IMRO at or 01 661 4844.
The IMRO Christie Hennessy Song Competition is supported by Tralee Chamber Alliance, The Troubadour Club, Tralee Credit Union, Fels Point Hotel and Radio Kerry.