Application: Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Salary: On Request
Deadline for applications is midday Monday 12 December 2016
Marketing & Membership Assistant | Fixed Term Contract
1. Purpose of Job
To contribute to the provision of an efficient membership service by administering various systems relating to members’ profiles as well as liaising with members both proactively and reactively in order to build and maintain strong relations between IMRO and its members. To raise awareness of IMRO in the marketplace and promote effective communication methods with our customers and potential customers.
2. Organisation Chart
3. Job Context and Content
There is one job holder who is assigned to the Marketing & Membership Department.
4. Principal Accountabilities
• Guiding members through any documents or procedures they need to complete in relation to their membership and ensuring that members understand what they need to do to benefit fully from their IMRO membership.
• Entering data in relation to members and maintaining information to ensure accuracy of IMRO distributions e.g. member info, bank details, etc.
• Dealing with general queries from IMRO members and passing information on to the Team Leader of the relevant distribution team to ensure that mistakes are rectified and solutions are put in place to avoid repetition of the error.
• Contacting members in a proactive manner to ensure that their international live / broadcast performances are tracked accurately and to work closely with the International Department to increase overseas income.
• Contacting members in a proactive manner to inform them of any IMRO events which may be of interest to them and acknowledging any achievements made by the member.
• Organising and speaking at events such as songwriting workshops, seminars and showcases to create a higher awareness of IMRO.
• Maintaining IMRO websites including www.imro.ie, its various social media sites, the Music Matters website and ensuring content is monitored and updated regularly.
• Involvement with IMRO’s sponsorship and advertising activities in relation to music events such as festivals, awards, etc.
• Administering IMRO advertising assets, both print and online, and ensuring that the content of the advertisements is kept up to date.
• Continuous monitoring of members and licensees through surveys to gain feedback on our relations with these groups.
• Raising the profile of IMRO with customers and potential customers through events and campaigns directed at IMRO customers and through attendance at industry trade fairs.
• Undertaking such other duties as may be assigned by management from time to time
5. Principal Working Contacts
• Marketing & Membership Director
On a daily basis re personal and department targets
• Distribution Team Leaders & Officers
On a regular basis in relation to royalty queries and general issues regarding members.
• Affiliate Societies
On a regular basis in relation to writer member transfers to or from affiliate societies.
• IMRO Members
On a daily basis re member queries. Also proactively seeking work registrations, set lists or other information from members required to complete a distribution.
• Major User Groups
Eg. LVA, VFI, Irish Hotel Federation as required in relation to advertising campaigns.
• Music Bodies
Eg. First Music Contact, Contemporary Music Centre, Filmbase, the Arts Council, The Association of Irish Composers, IASCA, etc. in relation to organising events or schemes relevant to the particular body.
• Press Contacts
As required in relation to sponsorship, advertising and promotion of IMRO.
• IMRO Customers
From time to time at events organised to acknowledge our customers.
6. Challenges Faced
To ensure that any queries raised by members are rectified and responded to as quickly as possible.
To generate an enhanced level of satisfaction within our membership with regard to service levels provided and the value of royalty payments made.
7. Planning and Organising
The overall planning is decided by the Marketing & Membership Director. However, the holder is expected to be self-motivated and show a high degree of initiative.
8. Direction Received
Job holder works within the guidelines set out in the current Marketing & PR Plan. Difficult issues are referred to the Director of Marketing & Membership
9. Knowledge and Experience
Job holders should have strong organisational abilities and possess keen attention to detail.
The holder is also required to have excellent communication skills.
Familiarity with all elements of Microsoft Office is required and some web design and digital marketing experience is desirable.
Holders should be able to work as a team as well as working on their own initiative.
A firm knowledge of music and issues relating to the music industry, both domestic and international is essential.
10. Review of Job Description
This job description relates to the position as it exists in December 2016. It will be reviewed at the end of each year at the annual appraisal and quarterly appraisals will also be carried out.